planning for people
Cambridge is at a crossroads. More development was started in the last 2 years than built in the previous 20! That means about 100,000 new daily commuters without any additional capacity on our streets, the Red Line, or the MBTA bus system.
I believe there can’t be “smart growth” without a plan. I am against City Council decisions that displace families and our less affluent neighbors. A well thought out people-centered Master Plan can guide us to integrate development with the Cambridge we love.
Your #1 Vote will help me to:
- Involve neighborhood groups in planning and zoning discussions
- Discourage up-zoning as business-as-usual in city hall
- Protect the character and charm of the city we love
- Develop a new city-wise Master Plan
I am running for City Council because I can and want to give back to the city I love.Many see that we are losing our community to development that puts profit before people. It doesn’t have to be that way. With a Master Plan that puts neighborhoods and people first, we can have quality and development and preserve our communities. And I’m not taking any developer money for my campaign.
- Lived & worked in Cambridge 40 years
- Married & raised two sons in Cambridge
- Award winning architect & urban designer
- Taught at Harvard, Lesley Art Institute & BU
- Chair, Committee on Government Affairs , Cambridge Chamber of Commerce
- Designed & implemented the East Cambridge Riverfront project
You can follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/carloneforcouncil
To help my campaign, call (617) 682-0657 or e-mail DennisCarloneforCityCouncil@gmail.com.
Vote Carlone #1 Tues. Nov. 5
Remember, I can’t make a difference without enough #1 votes